Selecting a doctor
Good health care begins with building a relationship with your personal physician. Your doctor is your health care advocate, your direct link to all Kaiser Permanente services, and your source for referrals to specialists.
Learn about our doctors and medical facilities in our Physicians and Locations Directory, biography cards at our medical facility reception counters, and on kp.org. You can also call our Customer Service Center for a copy of our most current directory. And remember: you can change your personal physician at any time and for any reason.
If you are a new member and need care immediately for an existing medical condition, call our New Member Welcome Center at 1-877-490-9355.
Making an appointment
Scheduling an appointment is easy! Choose from these convenient ways to get an appointment:
- If you are a new member and need care immediately for an existing medical condition, call our New Member Welcome Center at 1-877-490-9355.
- Call the medical facility that is most convenient for you. Check your Physicians and Locations Directory or go to kp.org for more information.
- Schedule an appointment online at kp.org by registering on My Health Manager at kp.org/register.
Filling a prescription
- To transfer your prescriptions to Kaiser Permanente: Call our New Member Welcome Center at 1-877-490-9355.
- Refilling prescriptions: For your convenience, we offer these options to refill most prescriptions:
- Members whose medical facilities don't have pharmacies, Added Choice members, and members living on Kauai, Molokai, or Lanai can get their prescriptions filled at contracted pharmacies.
Getting advice and care after hours
If you have medical concerns when your clinic is closed, we have registered nurses available by phone to provide medical advice to you.
After our facilities are closed, you can get extended, non‑emergency, non‑routine care that can’t wait until the next day. The cost of an after‑hours visit is the same as a routine doctor’s appointment.
Complementary and alternative medicine
All members can get discounts at participating providers of acupuncture, chiropractic, and massage therapy care through ASHN. For a list of providers please call 1-877-335-2746 or go to ashcompanies.com
In addition, some plans have additional coverage for complementary and alternative medicine. Please check your benefits to see if you have that coverage.
Receiving care outside of Hawaii
- Outside of Hawaii, you can access care at any Kaiser Permanente or Group Health (Washington state) facility as a visiting member for up to 90 days and pay the same copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles according to your Hawaii benefits.
- All members have coverage for emergencies or urgent care at non-Kaiser Permanente facilities.
- Routine and follow-up care is covered only at Kaiser Permanente or Group Health facilities.
- If you are hospitalized outside of Hawaii you must contact our Outside Service Coordinators within 48 hours of admission. You can find that phone number on the back of your membership ID card.
Please note that claims are subject to review and based on available information and we will pay according to your benefits.
Plug into your health with a variety of online and mobile tools that help you get the information you want, when you want it. Whether you're on the go or just taking advantage of a quiet moment at home, we've got you covered. For a guided tour of My Health Manager, visit kp.org/experience
You can download the free Kaiser Permanente app from App Store℠ or Google Play™. (App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. and Google Play is a trademark of Google, Inc.)